happy thoughts. angst. halters. memories. nurses notes. biting realities. hopes. impulses. dreams. stilletos. escapades. tears. love. pleasure. confusion. muffins. tears. frustrations. anxiety. ipod. puffs. my life. boredom. ordinary distinctiveness.


Monday, April 21, 2008

April 21st.

College life is over and my current status is unemployed. The transition was faster than a blink of an eye. Now, I will be, like a gazillion others, a palamunin ng magulang. But better, because I'm a BSN degree holder. There are tests that I have to take - CGFNS, NCLEX, IELTS. And after that I'll be earning dollars, sending money to the Philippines. I'll provide enough money for my parents and send my siter to school. When I get back, I may just be an Ulirang Anak Awardee. Like that? Well, it isnt like that...

I took my degree at a 'prestigious' university in Iloilo City. It is funded by the Philippine government and continues to provide good education for less fortunate but "gifted" young people. Well, it has remained to be one of the top performing nursing school in the country. And that makes me proud to be a part of it. The teachers were .. never mind them. I enjoyed time spent at a friend's house, clubbing, getting pissed drunk, watching sunsets, laughing at a corny joke.. all that and more.